Friday, August 27, 2010

What is love?

Been asking this question to everyone I know. I almost always get the same reply which is-

Love, is bullshit.
I couldn't agree more. Love is filled with torment, anger, pain, heartache is one side of the story, and the other side goes, love is filled with rainbows, butterflies and ponies. Its something beautiful.

I guess I wont know, until I really have experience this thing, called love. Which I have not. Obviously. Love is giving the power to someone to destroy you, but trusting them not to. Love is the power to crush someone. Love is evil? Love is the power to bring someone up. So love is good? Nah, love is bullshit. Love is overrated.

I realized, how much love can kill a person. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry to all the people which I had hurt. I am sorry. I realized, I can kill with love. I can make someone do whatever according to my will, with the power of love. Love can get someone hanging on to your every word. Love can hurt someone really deeply. Love can make somebody cry for nights without end. BUT. Love can make someone radiant. Love can make someone be happy beyond imagination. Love is sacred.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Really? The verse about love in the bible. Its world famous, this verse, no? Maybe? I've been witnessing too much heartbreaks and heartaches to trust in the power of so called love now. The feeling you get. The tightness in your chest, the feeling which you cant breathe. The feeling where your heart feels like its crumpled up. Where you just wished you died from a broken heart.

Ever since young I always thought, there would be no couples who loves each other fully. It'd either be I love you, and you dont love me back or vice versa. I still think the same way now.

“Love…I don’t even know what that means. Everyone says it all the time. I love your shirt, I love that show, I love you. What does it matter anyway? Maybe when it’s real you don’t have to say it.”
-Loretta Lopez


Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does.
Love is a battle, Love is a war; Love is growing up.
-James A. Baldwin


Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you is beyond my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment